This set of Syllable Numbers, from Lil' Reading Scientists Literacy Solutions TM, is used for Counting Syllables, and for encoding multi-syllable words in Levels 12-16 of the Lil' Reading Scientists' curriculum.
The Syllable Numbers Set can be used with the following Lil' Reading Scientists' materials:
1) Lil' Reading Scientists' Phonemic Awareness Kits - Sets 1-5
2) Lil' Reading Scientists' Syllables Kit
3) Lil' Reading Scientists' Word Building/Spelling Kits, Levels 12-16
Students need to learn about syllables before they get to the point of reading and spelling instruction for multi-syllable words. Students first begin to learn about syllables orally, by counting them in words. They then progress to being able to point them out while reading with two syllable words. Eventually, they learn how to divide and then sound out multi-syllabic words.
Using visual numbers helps students to clearly see the number of syllables in the targeted word, and eventually, to be able to break down large words into syllables, for reading and spelling processes.
Teachers can also use the numbers for teaching numerals 1-9, and for teaching addition.
Each set includes: one set of numbers 1-9
1) Go to our website at www.lilreadingscientists.com.
2) Choose the Purchase the Curriculum icon. Then choose Purchase Additional Materials.
3) Purchase the Hard Goods that you desire.
4) Allow 10 days for shipping.