This cross-curricular center ties in both math and reading skills. It is built around shape words. Students will read the words on the slips and sort the words by whether they have 1, 2, or 3 syllables. Then they will write the words under the correct syllable heading on their answer sheet.
As an extension, they can use the words to draw the shapes from the cards.
This center includes:
* a cover sheet explaining the center (with an example of what they are to do on the card)
* a sheet with 4 cover sheets on it so that it can fit onto a 4x6 clear photo box
* 3 sorting strips for the syllables
* 21 slips with shape words on them
* an answer sheet to write their answers on
* an additional sheet to extend this center by drawing some of the shapes
***THIS CENTER INCLUDES BOTH COLOR AND BLACKLINE VERSIONS***