“Syllable Showdown - Closed Syllable Resources” was designed to help you introduce and reinforce closed syllables in your elementary classroom.
I was first introduced to syllabication when I taught in a small special education school for children with language-based learning disabilities; however, I have found that my knowledge and training with teaching syllables has proved useful throughout my
teaching career across multiple (and very different!) settings.
In this packet, you will find resources that introduce and reinforce the concept of closed syllables.
Here's a closer look and be sure to check out the preview file!
1. Closing the Door – Multisensory Approach to Teaching Closed Syllables
2. Reading and Reinforcing Closed Syllables Student Cards
3. Marking Up Closed Syllables – Teacher/Student Try Boards + Mark It Up Printables
4. Making the Cut – Dividing Multisyllabic Words + Printables
5. Syllable Shake Up –Hearing and Writing Syllables Visual Cards
6. Closed Syllable Memory Match for Multisyllabic Words
7. Closed Syllable Vs. Not Closed Syllable Sort
8. Silly Closed Syllables – Dividing Multisyllabic Nonsense Words
9. Closed Syllable Battleship – A Partner Game
10. Closed Syllable Assessments - CCSS Aligned
Are you looking for syllable type activities and resources? Click below to see my other syllabication resources and check back often for new additions!
1. Syllabication Overview and Resources Pack
2. Open Syllables
3. Magic E Syllables
4. R-Controlled Syllables
5. Vowel Team Syllables
6. Vowel Diphthong Syllables
7. Consonant -le Syllables
8. Syllable Type Bundle