Syllable sorting game - Say it, clap it, toss it!
Teaching students about syllables? My K-3 early literacy intervention groups love playing this active syllable game. Practicing phoneme segmentation / breaking words into syllables with high-interest pictures and the fun of tossing beanbags into bins makes sorting words by syllables one of their favorite activities (without them realizing it, of course!)
Please note that this product is a digital download. Bean bags, plastic bins and card box pictured are not included with the resource. There are now 216 word and picture cards included in this set, along with game instructions and labels for storage containers and envelopes.
Labels for the seasons, some holidays, special times of year have been added to this set for 2018, for further sorting activities / options (even upon tidying up from the original syllable game!) If you have suggestions for more images to be added in the future, please reach out through the Q&A tab in my store or see the bottom of this listing for other ways we can connect!
This game is a great introduction to the syllable no-prep printables in the Read and Write and More series that are linked below.
Read and Write and More!
Here is a fun and free follow-up activity: Phonemic awareness no-prep printables - free!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
- K-1 Classroom Literacy Favorites!
- First Grade Kindergarten Reading Bundle
- Sight Word Emergent Readers bundle
- Save the Sight Words! [Smart Phone Box card game]
- Visual Schedule, centers cards and more!
- The Reading Log - rejigged! A 12 month, flexible Reading Log alternative promoting joy and ownership!
- Dealing With Feelings Story Collection included in New, up and coming best seller: The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! (Best deal - all future #DWF TpT products will be added here!)
- Reading Buddy Activities for the whole year! (formerly The Reading Buddy Starter Pack!)
- The Complete Personal Printable Alphabet Book Kit with over 200 Line Art Images!
☆Followers’ Fave FREEBIES!☆
- Free Sight Word Game Sample (Smart phone box)
- 10 page Back to School FREE literacy sampler!
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Alternative Reading Log
- FREE: How to make familiar reading fun for kids - Handout for parents and volunteers!
- The Top Three Reading Prompts Bookmarks - Free!
- Community Helpers - A FREE Sight Word Stages Lv B Reader
Thank you for visiting my store! Please direct any questions you may have on the Q and A page of my store (by clicking my name at the top right), or email me at ThatFunReadingTeacher@gmail.com.
Pop by for a visit on:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
syllable game | season sort | syllables | early literacy | Read and Write and More | phoneme segmentation | fun literacy games | Distance Learning