Academic Language OG Orton-Gillingham, multisensory reading / language instruction appropriate for ALL learners ~
Increase student ability to manipulate sounds and build their automaticity and fluency with closed syllables and CVC, CCVC, and CVCC words.This product, designed with research-based phonics instruction principles and presented in engaging game formats at three levels of challenge, provides a fun way to build student proficiency with this foundational syllable type. Each level of challenge is built around the traditional “Bingo” game and ensures that students use multisensory practices to promote optimal success and benefit from the activity. Twenty-five different "bingo" cards are provided for each level of challenge so that the product may be used in one-to-one instruction, small group instruction and whole class instruction. Word cards are designed so that they may be used as part of a game or for isolated fluency practice. Procedures are outlined to engage all learning modalities in the practice activities. Materials are provided in full color and black and white for printing convenience. Materials may be laminated for repeated use and marking with dry erase markers. Counters are provided or traditional bingo markers/counters may be used in the activities.
- 50 "bingo" cards in both full color and black and white. (The same set of cards is used for both the second and third levels of challenge.)
- 72 closed syllable word cards (CVC, CVCC, CCVC, CCVCC)
- counters in two different designs to match "bingo" cards
- procedure posters to reinforce multisensory procedures during the activities
- instructions to complete activities at three different levels of challenge
The activities are designed to:
- Increase student proficiency hearing, identifying and reading the closed syllable type
- Promote student proficiency with sound discrimination and manipulation via rhyming activities
Play games and build skills as students use these activities to build automaticity and fluency with this foundational syllable type.
This is a valuable resource for:
- Classroom teachers
- Reading and language arts teachers
- Reading specialists
- Language therapists
- Academic language Orton-Gillingham Dyslexia therapists
- Professionals focused on building reading skills for students
Other syllable activities are available as well:
Syllable Fun Series
Thank you for downloading this product and leaving your feedback!