Academic Language Therapy / Orton Gillingham appropriate and suitable for all multisensory, structured reading / language instruction, students learn to read and spell closed syllables and build two syllable words with these closed syllable cards and the word list included with them. This set of 48 closed syllable cards can be used individually to practice reading syllables with short vowel sounds, or they can be used to combine and build 55+ different words. All of the words follow the VC/CV syllable division pattern. Students may also use the record sheets to practice spelling the single syllables and the VC/CV words they learn to read. Cards may also be used to play fun word games!
This product was prepared by an academic language therapist and reading specialist. It is Orton-Gillingham based and includes:
- 48 closed syllable flash/game cards (short vowel sounds)
- Word list of 55 example words for additional fluency practice and reference
- 8 different student record pages to use for spelling syllables and words, recording sentences and paragraphs, and illustrating compositions.
- Suggestions for games and activities using the cards
The cards can be used:
- Individually to practice reading and spelling the closed syllable type
- In combinations to build real and nonsense words.
Play games and build skills as students use these cards, the record pages, and the word list included to build automaticity and fluency with this foundational syllable type.
This is a valuable resource for:
- Reading teachers
- Reading specialists
- Language therapists
- Academic language Orton-Gillingham Dyslexia therapists
- Professionals focused on building reading skills for students
Practice card sets for open and closed syllables, VCCV and VCV syllable division, r-controlled (vowel r) syllables, and final stable syllables are available as well:
Syllable Fun Series
Thank you for downloading this product and leaving your feedback!