Literacy Laws are rules to guide young students when learning to read, write, and spell. The activities in this packet are aligned to the Common Core Standards, with emphasis on Reading: Foundational Skills.
The Syllables in Words rule teaches children about chunks of sounds in words and how they work. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of this phonics rule with examples and teaching tips
2. An fun introduction activity
3. A poster/anchor chart to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "The Place for Me" to practice syllables in words
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for 2-4 students
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity
The activities in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Literacy Law packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila