This product includes:
- 36 flashcards containing scenarios that represent a symbiotic relationship (Example: "A tick sucks the blood of a dog." The child would put that in the parasitism category.
- Answer Key for the flashcards, most are self-explanatory, but just in case :)
- 3 labels for the categories (parasitism, mutualism, commensalism)
- Symbiosis Cheat Sheet (a simplified version of the definitions of each relationship)
- and of course, instructions for the activity :)
After learning about symbiosis, this is a great activity to wrap up their knowledge of parasitism, commensalism, and mutualism.
This is a flashcard sort activity. It is made to be done in small groups. You have the option of giving your students the provided “Symbiosis Cheat Sheet” to use for the activity.
Each group will have 3 labels (parasitism, mutualism, and commensalism) and a set of 36 flashcards which have various scenarios containing a symbiotic relationship on them. Their job is to sort the cards into the correctly labeled category.
If you need to use this activity for an assessment, you can print the flashcards without laminating them and have them write the form of symbiosis in the box or next to it. :)
Hope you enjoy!