Lesson Title: Symbiotic Relationships
1. Classify specific interspecies relationships as mutualism, commensalism, or parasitism.
2. Describe human actions that have contributed to ecosystem imbalance and species decline.
1. See additional free "Symbiotic Relationships" Power Point in BioBio online store.
1. Individually, have students complete the “Mix and Match Parasitic Relationship” Sheet. Please note there can be multiple combinations, so this sheet is meant to encourage further discussion.
2. In groups of four, have students act out the scenarios put forth in the “Act It Out” Activity.
1. Have students individually answer the following on a separate paper:
•List one example from each of the symbiotic relationships discussed in this lesson and explain how human interference could affect each of them.