Just like Melinda in Speak, students will paint or sculpt a tree that conveys a certain tone or symbolic meaning. They will then write an analysis of their artwork describing the materials they selected, the meaning they conveyed and what techniques they used to get that meaning across to the viewer.
* A "Symbolic Trees" Powerpoint with images and Notes
"Student Notes" Handout for absent students
* A Rubric with Art Project and Written Analysis instructions
* 2 Student Art/Analysis examples
* A Powerpoint with 56 beautiful images of trees that demonstrate how emotion can be infused into art.
Looking for more Speak resources? Check out my:
- Transformative Conflicts in Speak: Quotes, Analysis Activities, Essay and More!
which is everything students need in order to write their character conflict analysis essay!
- "Melinda's Conflicts" T-SHIRT Project for Speak (Novel)
which is a Students make a T-shirt demonstrating all those conflicts circling around Melinda's head!