Also included in
- This unit bundle for The Pearl by John Steinbeck guides and challenges students to analyze plot, characterization, conflict, and symbolism in the classic novella. This resource includes nonfiction background activities, projects and vocabulary materials, full lessons, a study guide, and a final test$18.99$26.54Save $7.55
Students write a song to demonstrate a knowledge of symbolism. This product includes a version to connect this project to a novel or short story and another version to study symbolism alone.
1. Project Page & Analytic Rubric - use w/novel or short story
2. Project Page & Holistic Rubric - use w/novel or short story
3. Project Page & Analytic Rubric - stand alone
4. Project Page & Holistic Rubric - stand alone
5. Symbolism Worksheet - use w/novel or short story
6. Symbolism Worksheet - stand alone
7. Symbolism Inventory - extra practice sheet
8. Symbolism Inventory Key
Did you know that you can earn credits towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Facebook: Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA