Symbols of America Interactive Notebook Activities with Test Prep Passage
Our Symbols of America Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Activities
includes a variety of sophisticated activities that require students to practice with higher-order thinking skills. Activities can be used for whole-class activities, differentiated work, small group or partner work, as well as 1:1 work.
★ ☆ ★ This bundle requires absolutely NO PREPARATION! ★ ☆ ★
Included with this bundle, you will receive our ELA Test Prep Passage, A National Bird is Chosen, with comprehension questions! Great for small group work, whole class close reading work, homework, vacation packets, and more!
Click on the green preview button above to see what's inside!
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Technology Integration video links provided
• New Uncommon Learning Customized Activities Options for students
• Symbols of America Vocabulary Card Pocket with 36 no-prep, pre-made vocabulary cards
• Symbols of America Vocabulary Foldables
• Compare and Contrast Venn: The American Flag and The Statue of Liberty
• Compare and contrast Bracket: Any two American Symbols (Student Choice; differentiation activity).
• Compare & Contrast The American Flag and a flag of your home country
• Compare & Contrast Bracket: Ellis Island and Angel Island
• Compare & Contrast Bracket: Uncle Sam and Rosie the Riveter
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What are the causes and effects of The Pledge of Allegiance?
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What are the causes and effects of The Star-Spangled Banner?
• Cause and Effect Trifold: The Statue of Liberty
• Symbols of American 4 Sides of Symbol Fact Fold
• Symbols of America Informational Diamond
• Symbols of America 'All About...' Book-Style Flapbook
• Symbols of America Important Figure Cards with 16 no-prep, pre-made fact pocket cards of influential figures.
• Symbols of America Fact Pocket with 30 no-prep, pre-made fact pocket cards of important American symbols.
• The American Flag Informational Flap
• Enrichment Option: The American Flag - Paraphrase the Pledge of Allegiance.
• Emma Lazarus Informational Diamond Fold
• Betsy Ross Character Traits Graphic Organizer
• Uncle Sam Character Traits Graphic Organizer
• All About… Trapezoid Foldable: The American Bald Eagle
• Historical Fiction: Journal Entry
• Mount Rushmore speech bubbles.
• Symbol of American Art Focus
• What would Betsy Ross say...?
• 4 Sides of a Symbol foldable
• Informational Trifold Activities: George Washington, Francis Scott Key, Susan B. Anthony, Martin Luther King, Jr.,
• America Acrostic Poem
• Symbols of America: The American Flag Then–and Now
• Science & Technology Connection:The Statue of Liberty
• The Empire State Building and Disney World informational research activities
• 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
...and lots more!
Common Core Aligned, 89 pages.
Take advantage of GIGANTIC $AVING$ With our The Iroquois, American Revolution, and French & Indian War MEGA Bundle Toolbox
and $ave over $30.00!
You May Also Be Interested in Our The Three Branches of Government with 2016 Election Bonus Material!
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
© DynamicDuo101, 2016