Symbols of America Lesson Plan Bundle with Interactive Notebook Activities MEGA Bundle
★ ☆ ★ This bundle requires absolutely NO PREPARATION! ★ ☆ ★
The lesson plans that accompany this bundle are intended for grades 2-4. The interactive notebook/lapbook applications, test prep passage, and document depot are most appropriate for grades 3 and 4; as well as for enrichment purposes for grades 1 and 2. In addition, students in grades 1 and 2 have found success working on the enrichment options with the assistance of teachers and/or parents. There are also a wide variety of student options provided throughout the bundle that can be used for differentiation, reteaching, enrichment, and small groupings. Teachers should pick and choose the activities and options that work best for them and are most useful and appropriate for their students. Teachers can also go back to certain aspects of this bundle later in the semester and even years to follow, as students at different levels attain the skills which allow them to accomplish more of the challenging tasks.
Symbols of America Lesson Plans Bundle
Lesson Plan #1: The American Flag
Lesson Plan #2: The Bald Eagle
Lesson Plan #3: The Statue of Liberty
Lesson Plan #4: The Liberty Bell
Lesson Plan #5: Mount Rushmore
Lesson Plan #6: Sweet Land of Liberty
Lesson Plan #7: Edit/Revise/Publish Symbols of America books
Lesson Plan #8: Publish/Present Symbols of America Books/Projects
Please note that the lesson plans in this bundle are geared to a range for students from 2nd grade through 5th grade and our interactive notebook activities are primarily geared for students in grades 3-5 due to the reading level of most web-based informational texts that are included with the interactive notebook activities.
Included with this bundle, you will receive our ELA Test Prep Passage, A National Bird is Chosen, with comprehension questions!
Common Core Aligned, 24 pages.
Social Studies Notebook Checklist and Rubric and Social Studies Folder Checklist included.
Our Symbols of America Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Activities includes a variety of sophisticated activities that require students to practice with higher-order thinking skills. Activities can be used for whole-class activities, differentiated work, small group or partner work, as well as 1:1 work.
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Technology Integration video links provided
• New Uncommon Learning Customized Activities Options for students
• Symbols of America Vocabulary Card Pocket with 18 no-prep, pre-made vocabulary cards
• Symbols of America Vocabulary Foldables
• Compare and Contrast Venn: The American Flag and The Statue of Liberty
• Compare and contrast Bracket: Any two American Symbols (Student Choice; differentiation activity).
• Compare & Contrast The American Flag and a flag of your home country
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What are the causes and effects of The Pledge of Allegiance?
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What are the causes and effects of The Star-Spangled Banner?
• Cause and Effect Trifold: The Statue of Liberty
• Symbols of American 4 Sides of Symbol Fact Fold
• Symbols of America Informational Diamond
• Symbols of America 'All About...' Book-Style Flapbook
• Symbols of America Important Figure Cards with 16 no-prep, pre-made fact pocket cards of influential figures.
• Symbols of America Fact Pocket with 14 no-prep, pre-made fact pocket cards of important American symbols.
• The American Flag Informational Flap
• Enrichment Option: The American Flag - Paraphrase the Pledge of Allegiance.
• Emma Lazarus Informational Diamond Fold
• Betsy Ross Character Traits Graphic Organizer
• Uncle Sam Character Traits Graphic Organizer
• All About… Trapezoid Foldable: The American Bald Eagle
• Historical Fiction: Journal Entry
• Mount Rushmore speech bubbles.
• Symbol of American Art Focus
• What would Betsy Ross say...?
• 4 Sides of a Symbol foldable
• George Washington and Francis Scott Key Informational Trifolds
• America Acrostic Poem
• Symbols of America: The American Flag Then–and Now
• Science & Technology Connection:The Statue of Liberty
• 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
Common Core Aligned, 65 pages.
Take advantage of GIGANTIC $AVING$ With our The Iroquois, American Revolution, and French & Indian War MEGA Bundle Toolbox
and $ave over $30.00!
You May Also Be Interested in Our The Three Branches of Government with 2016 Election Bonus Material!
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
© DynamicDuo101, 2016