Looking to improve your class’s vocabulary?
Use this Synonym Match game as a group activity or a literacy center rotation. Also great for early finishers. There are two levels of the game to help make differentiation easier!
Level 1 (green) has been designed as a practice activity for students who are being first introduced to synonyms in lower primary. It contains basic synonyms, such as big - large, small - tiny.
Level 2 (orange) has been designed as a practice activity for students who are familiar with the concept of synonyms. They are developing the ability to use synonyms to improve their speaking and writing word choices.
Mix and match the cards to suit your students' abilities.
Use the dots on the lower left corner to distinguish each set of cards.
• Level 1: 40 Easy Synonym Match Cards (20 pairs of synonyms)
• Level 2: 40 Hard Synonym Match Cards (20 pairs of synonyms)
How to Use:
• Concentration Games: Place all cards upside down. Turn over two, if they match, you collect them, if they don't, they are returned to the pile. Person with most matches wins.
• Synonym Bundle: Get our entire set of Synonym resources, including posters, loop cards and worksheets.
• Want to get rid of that pesky "said" in your students' writing? Said is Dead!
Splash Resources create posters, games and worksheets for P-6 Australian classrooms.
We believe that resources should be clear, simple and easy to use and utilise effective design principles to ensure this.
Our aim is make differentiation easy. How? By producing either open ended tasks that allow students to work at their own level OR through levelled worksheets that allow students to work on the same task but different levels.
Get credit for future purchases
Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Become a follower
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches. Look for the red star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower.
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.