This Synonym and Antonym Mega Bundle has a selection of resources and worksheets to help your students understand synonyms and antonyms. Each of the resources comes with both a black and white and a color version.
What you'll get:
- 40 Synonym and Antonym Task Cards, a student answer sheet and a teacher answer reference sheet. The questions have been designed to get your students to practice using a thesaurus, improve their spelling, and improve their vocabulary.
- 12 mini Synonym Puzzles. The puzzles all have 4 pieces; each with a synonym printed on them. The aim of the activity is for your students to work out which words are synonyms and then piece them together.
- 1 Synonym 'Block' Puzzle. For this activity, students need to piece together the 16 'block' puzzle bits to match the synonyms.
- 1 Antonym 'Block' Puzzle which works in the same way, however, students have to connect the words that have opposite meanings.
- 70 Synonym Speed Challenge Cards. The Synonym Speed Challenge is a literacy game that can be played with a whole class or small groups of students. During the game, students will be challenged to call out synonyms for given words to earn their team points. A page with instructions on exactly how to play the game is included in the file and can be viewed in the preview file. As the Synonym Speed Challenge is quite a challenge, it may be a good idea to get your students accustomed to the vocabulary on the cards prior to playing. Some suggested activities could include giving your students the cards and asking them to write sentences using the vocabulary on them, or have your students search for the words in a thesaurus and list some of the synonyms they find.
- 5 synonym and antonym worksheets.
Please remember to rate this product and follow me, so I can keep you up to date with all my latest listings!
From The Novel Classroom