These activities are designed to give your students practice with use and understanding of synonyms and antonyms using a s'mores theme.
Each activity offers student friendly, hands-on experiences and comes with a student task card, templates and recording sheets. They can be used to introduce or reinforce skills taught in class. This packet includes the following:
1. Grade Level Common Core Standards addressed (K-5)
2. Synonym and Antonym Anchor Charts
3. Sweet Synonyms: Students will read, sort and match synonyms and record their answers. (answer sheet included)
4. Gooey Antonyms: Students will read, sort and match antonyms and record their answers. (answer sheet included)
5. S'mores Sort It Out! Students will sort and identify synonyms and antonyms (answer sheet included)
6. S'mores Sentence Search: Students will read sentences and identify the synonym and antonym pair in each sentence. They will record their answers and then write their own sentences with synonyms and antonyms. (answer sheet included)
7. Synonym or Antonyms Pairs-Flap Book: Students will create a flap book, sort and color code synonym and antonym word pairs.
8. S'mores Fun Craftivity: This activity can be used as review or as an assessment.Students will make synonym and antonym s'mores. They will build a s'more and chose a word and write synonyms and an antonym to demonstrate understanding of the standards taught.
Be sure to check out the preview file for more details!