PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These synonyms and antonyms worksheets with synonyms and antonyms passage are based on our Harriet Tubman biography rap song. These synonyms and antonyms worksheets have multiple-choice answers that target content vocabulary words from the synonyms and antonyms passage. Together, the passage and song explore Tubman's youth, escape from slavery, career and accomplishments as a conductor of the Underground Railroad as well as her role in the Civil War.
Listen to the song in the preview!
This activity includes:
- the song lyrics
- 6 multiple-choice synonyms questions with the answer key
- 6 multiple-choice antonyms questions with the answer key.
How to use this activity:
- Explain the concept of synonyms using the instructions on page 1.
- Ask students to give a few examples of words that are synonyms.
- Next, have students listen to the song for the reading passage while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 - 5.
- Guide students through answering question 1 as a class. Review with them as necessary.
- Students will now answer the remaining 5 multiple-choice synonyms questions.
- Repeat the above steps with the antonyms questions.
- The answer keys for the questions are located on pages 6 and 7.
*Leave a review if you liked this activity.*
You may also like:
Copyright © 2019 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Music provided by Rujay.
Instrumental: "Broken" by Luxray.
By Harvey B. Lindsley - Famous People: Selected Portraits From the Collections of the Library of Congress, Public Domain,
By Eastman Johnson - cgH8oSFi9cJh8g at Google Cultural Institute maximum zoom level, Public Domain,