This synonym pack contains 49 pages and offers a variety of supplemental activities for your elementary classroom. I use many of these activities in my literacy centers and have laminated them for repeated use. This pack contains the following activities:
• Synonym Poster
• Task Cards, Recording Sheet, and Answer Key (Write the Room/Scoot)
• “Synonym Socks” board game and playing cards (color copy and black & white copy)
• Synonym Concentration card game (2-5 player card game)
• Synonym Swat game with call sheet: Words are printed on flies. Cut apart the fly cards and post them around the room. Give a student a fly swatter. You will read a word from the synonym call list. The student will see how quickly they can find the synonym fly and “swat” it.
• “Synonym Supergirl” card game (played similar to Old Maid): Students will discard synonym pairs until one Synonym Supergirl remains.
• “I Have, Who Has?” synonym card game (includes 28 cards)
• 2 worksheets and answer keys: Students will choose a synonym from the box to replace the underlined word.
• “Swimming with Synonyms” coloring worksheet: Students will read the words on the fish. They will color each pair of synonyms the same color to represent a pair.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please note: This product is also available in a bundle with antonyms at a discounted price.