TOTALLY REVISED UNIT! (as of April 11, 2013)
- Synonym and Antonym Song
- Anchor Charts: Synonyms and Antonyms
- Look in a Book: Synonyms and Antonyms
- Differentiated Synonym Matching Activities
- Synonym Flapbook Activity
- Searching for Synonyms: Using the Thesaurus (differentiated!)
- Adding Antonyms: 4 DIFFERENT flapbooks to meet your students' needs!
- Differentiated Antonym Matching Activities
- Mixed Practice: Synonyms or Antonyms? Game + Recording Sheet
- Mixed Practice: Synonyms or Antonyms? Printable Assessment
ELA-Literacy.L.2.5b Distinguish shades of meaning among closely related verbs (e.g., toss, throw, hurl) and closely related adjectives (e.g., thin, slender, skinny, scrawny).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.5c Distinguish shades of meaning among related words that describe states of mind or degrees of certainty (e.g., knew, believed, suspected, heard, wondered).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5c Demonstrate understanding of words by relating them to their opposites (antonyms) and to words with similar but not identical meanings (synonyms)