Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Do your students need a break from traditional, synonyms and antonyms worksheets? Rap songs are your answer! Based on history and reading rap songs, these activities will keep your students' attention using song lyrics as reading passages while they practice synonym and antonym skills! Easily incorp$14.00$20.00Save $6.00
Do you need engaging, synonyms and antonyms activities for your next lesson? Rap songs are your solution!
Based on history and reading rap songs, these activities will while they practice synonyms and antonyms skills. Easily incorporate them into independent activities or complete them together as a class lesson. The song lyrics for these activities have many content-vocabulary words for students to practice identifying synonyms and antonyms with.
Listen to the songs with subtitles using the links below! (Click here if you have trouble viewing the videos.)
Teach reading skills to your students in a way that they will enjoy!
Kids love music and will certainly enjoy identifying synonyms and antonyms for words in the songs. These activities also feature simple explanations of what synonyms and antonyms are to guide students' comprehension.
Multiple-choice questions with answer keys!
All of these synonyms and antonyms activities have multiple-choice questions with answer keys for easy grading.
Everything included in this bundle is listed below. Click the product links above for more details.
- the lyrics for each song for use as a reading passage
- 6 multiple-choice, synonyms questions with the answer key per passage
- 6 multiple-choice, antonyms questions with the answer key per passage.
How to use these activities:
- Explain the concept of synonyms using the instructions on page 1.
- Ask students to give a few examples of words that are synonyms.
- Next, have students listen to each song for the corresponding reading passage while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Guide students through answering question 1 as a class. Review with them as necessary.
- Students will now answer the remaining 5 multiple-choice synonyms questions.
- Repeat the above steps with the antonyms questions.
- The answer keys for the questions are located on pages 5 and 6.
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with reading!
*Leave a review if you liked these activities.*
You may also like:
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com