This is a unit that I studied with my AP English Language and Composition class in a low-income charter school. It can, of course, be modified to meet the needs of almost any high school classroom.
What you'll find:
1. A unit overview (focus, reading list, and assessment)
2. A unit calendar (useful for scope)
3. An end of unit synthesis essay prompt
4. An exemplar paragraph of rhetorical analysis (good for backwards mapping)
5. A Rhetorical Analysis Do-Now using Amy Tan's Mother Tongue
6. A Rhetorical Analysis Do-Now using A Casual Remembrance of a Puerto Rican Childhood.