This bundle is a compilation of five resources from Lit Monster Lesson Plans: Argument, Synthesis, and Rhetorical Analysis Resources and Activities, as well as Embedding Quotes for AP Lang and A Portrait of a Speaker. This is a reduced price bundle of these resources.
Within I have compiled the resources and activities that have proved most successful in my classroom. Included are the following:
- Embedding Quotes Presentation, Guided Notes, Activity, and Reference Documents
- 3 Sample Rhetorical Analysis Prompts, 1 Synthesis Prompt, and Various Argument Prompts
- Thesis and assertion stems
- Stems and transitions for connecting sources within the synthesis essay
- A rhetorical analysis "survival" kit with important terms, strategies, and examples
- Creative activities for rhetorical analysis and applying rhetorical strategies
- Worksheets for active vs. passive voice, metaphorical and "doing" verbs
- Peer editing activities for timed writings
- And more!
My goal for this compilation is practicality - activities and resources you can immediately use in the classroom during any stage of the year. Many of these activities can be repeated with different texts. I try to target specific skills and equip my students with resources that provide them with "ammo" for the timed writings they will face. Some documents here are great for review before the exam, such as the rhetorical analysis "survival" kit, the lenses activities for the argument essay, the stems and transitions for the synthesis essay, the assertion and thesis stems, as well as the embedding guided notes and practice.
Best of luck! And enjoy!
Links to individual resources:
Embedding Quotes and Stems:
A Portrait of a Speaker: