Synthesis Essay Writing Unit with 8 Argument Essays. Engage your students with this student choice synthesis essay unit that includes a choice of eight different engaging topics for students to write about.
This unit includes eight different argument essays. Teachers can either have students select their own topic, or teachers can use the essays in this resource as eight different argument essay assignments.
School Start Times
Cell Phones in School
Legal Smoking Age
Collegiate Athlete Pay
NEW Oct. 2019: Should We Ban Single-Use Plastic Straws?
NEW Oct 2019: Teens and Social Media
NEW Oct. 2019: The Safety of Vaping
NEW Oct. 2019: Violent Video Games and Adolescent Aggression
NEW Dec. 2019: Teens and Caffeine
NEW Dec. 2019: Federal Minimum Wage
Each essay contains the following items:
- table of contents with a link to a Google Doc file containing links to articles and an editable assignment page
- unit outline and suggestion page
- synthesis writing student infographic
- argument essay
- prewriting organizer
- reading and research notes organizer
- evidence organizer
- visual, essay-blocking organizer
- thesis statement organizer
- counter argument graphic organizer
- two different essay outlines
- peer editing form
- 100 point argument essay rubric
- fill-in-the-blank essay rubric
This common core aligned argument essay includes everything you need from initial research on the topic to the grading rubric. This assignment is ideal for students in grades 6-12.
Looking for more instruction and guidance for your students?