Synthesizing is a challenging reading strategy both to teach and for students to master. This collection of materials is designed to give you a collection of resources to use in your classroom planning and teaching.
Included in this package:
* Four different graphic organizers for students to use while learning this reading strategy. You can use the one that you prefer, that best suits your learners’ needs or let the students choose the one that they feel makes the most sense to them.
* A rubric that you could use to assess learning.
* Success criteria and learning goals poster for your class.
* Book list of titles that are recommended for teaching and practising synthesizing.
* Set of 20 question cards that can be used to help your guided teaching or an independent activity. Make them into cards and laminate.
This is a zip file containing all pdf documents so everyone should be able to easily access all material.
Questioning Reading Strategy Package
Inferring Reading Strategy Package
Summarizing Reading Strategy Package