Synthesizing Text -- Reading Minilessons to Visualize How Thinking Changes
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Engage your readers all year long with active strategies to help build understanding and comprehension of text. This reading minilesson plan will take you and your readers through...launching reader's workshopmonitoring comprehensiontracking and analyzing charactersdeveloping inferential understandPrice $158.00Original Price $197.50Save $39.50
Synthesizing Texts for Deeper Understanding is a unit of reading minilessons that will help nudge students into realizing that their thinking changes over the course of a text. As readers synthesize text, their thinking grows and evolves. This kind of thinking is beyond the text and will fuel the analytic response writing that is required of readers.
Key Teaching Points:
- Readers monitor overall meaning of a text as they read and understand how their thinking grows.
- Readers synthesize text to understand.
- Readers extend their literal thinking to inferential thinking
You might also be interested in these other Reading Units of Study...
· Introducing the Inquiry Process
· Following Characters Through a Fiction Story
· Poetry--It's More Than Rhyme Schemes and Stanzas
· Book Projects--Fostering Student Independence
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures