This is a unit on synthetic division. It contains the following:
1) WS 1: After a complete example, students work through 14 problems that have no remainders.
2) WS 2: Students have to put in a place holder 0 and work through problems with no remainders.
3) WS 3: Students maybe have to put in some place holder 0s and this time will have remainders.
4) WS 4: Students will use synthetic division to explore binomial expansion and the Fibonacci numbers.
5) Puzzle: Students solve problems and match them to solve a riddle (same problems as in WS 1)
* Excel spreadsheet that helps you do synthetic division problems, showing each step, up to 4th degree equations.
* Excel spreadsheet that helps you create your own synthetic division problems.
Complete answer keys are included, showing each step!