Also included in
- Save 30% when you combine our most popular resources for this topic! This bundle was specifically designed for NGSS MS-PS1-3: Gather and make sense of information to describe that synthetic materials come from natural resources and impact society. Bundle Includes:Synthetic & Natural Materials$10.49$14.99Save $4.50
- SAVE 35% OFF LIST PRICES! (That's just $1.17 each for 30 useful worksheets!) Supplement your middle school NGSS physical science course with these NGSS-aligned worksheets for each unit. This bundle includes 30 worksheets designed to review and reinforce key concepts related to NGSS standards MS-P$34.99$55.35Save $20.36
- SAVE OVER 30% - SAVE $100+ when you purchase every NGSS MS-ESS physical science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 122 resources, including:NGSS Physical Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects✅$199.99$307.94Save $107.95
Students read about how crude oil is processed to make products we use every day and learn how the process depends entirely on the boiling points of its components. This is a quick activity that covers both NGSS MS-PS1-3 and MS-PS1-2 in one little package!
This activity has 2 parts:
- ARTICLE: Students read a handout that describes the process by which crude oil is separated based on the individual boiling points of its components. Students learn how materials such as kerosene, gasoline, and lubrication oils are separated in a fractionating column based solely on their boiling point.
- WORKSHEET: Students label a diagram of a fractionating column and answer 6 text-dependent review questions.
Find the digital Google Slides version of this activity HERE.
Answer key included.
Please note that this resource is not editable.
Save $$$ with our Natural vs. Synthetic Materials ACTIVITY BUNDLE!
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science materials in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!