This is a simple foldable that fits in a 3-ring binder. Notes are provided on 3 ways to solve systems of equations and there is space for students to work an example or two.
The foldable provides support for these Common Core State Standards:
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSA-CED.A.2 Create equations in two or more variables to represent relationships between quantities; graph equations on coordinate axes with labels and scales.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSA-CED.A.3 Represent constraints by equations or inequalities, and by systems of equations and/or inequalities, and interpret solutions as viable or nonviable options in a modeling context.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSA-REI.C.5 Prove that, given a system of two equations in two variables, replacing one equation by the sum of that equation and a multiple of the other produces a system with the same solutions.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSA-REI.C.6 Solve systems of linear equations exactly and approximately (e.g., with graphs), focusing on pairs of linear equations in two variables.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSA-REI.D.10 Understand that the graph of an equation in two variables is the set of all its solutions plotted in the coordinate plane, often forming a curve (which could be a line).