Students will learn about the skeletal system and the muscular system inside the human body.
- make observations of skeletal bones inside the human body
- determine the location of major bones on body parts of the human body
- research skeletal terminology to complete quiz questions
- describe three types of human muscle tissue
- determine the main functions of the muscular system in the human body
- identify ways to build and maintain a strong, healthy muscular system
Students will learn about the circulatory system and the respiratory system inside the human body.
- describe the components of blood in the human body
- calculate the amount of blood flowing in their body
- complete the diagram of the circulatory system throughout the body and the heart
- provide a written description of how the heart pumps blood in and out
- research an interesting fact about the heart and share with a classmate
- conduct heart rate tests during various activities
- identify main parts of the respiratory system and describe their functions
- create and test a model of a lung and diaphragm in the human body
- make a prediction, record observations and conclusions about the function of the diaphragm as part of the respiratory system
Students will learn about the nervous system and the digestive system inside the human body.
- identify the main parts of the human nervous system
- identify the main parts of the human brain and describe each of their functions
- engage in brain training exercises
- identify the main parts of the human digestive system
- describe the function of the main parts of the digestive system
- create and demonstrate a model of the digestive system in the human body
- illustrate the process of the human digestive system
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.