Checking for understanding? Students can demonstrate their knowledge on systems of equations on a variety of six assessments. Included you will have four quizzes and two versions of a test.
There are four short quizzes that can be used after students have studied the graphing, substitution and elimination methods.
- The graphing method quiz provides three problems in which students will graph two lines. To the right of each problem, space is provided for students to check their work.
- The substitution method quiz asks students to give a short explanation on how to use the method to solve a system. Two problems ask students to solve a system using the substitution method. The final two questions examine student understanding about how many solutions exist and an error analysis problem.
- The elimination method quiz is similar to the substitution method assessment. Students will provide a brief explanation of the elimination method; they will solve two problems using this method and finally will look at how many solutions exist along with an error analysis problem.
- Lastly, there is one quick check-up with three problems. Use this as a study guide or an assessment. Students are given three problems in which they demonstrate their knowledge on all three methods. This somewhat self-checking assignment would allow students to see that no matter what method you use, the solution should be the same.
Two tests (version A and B) can be used to assess student understanding of systems of equations. Each test includes twelve problems. Listed below, you can see the type and amount of each question. This test does not include any word problems.
- Graphing method (2 questions)
- Substitution method (2 questions)
- Elimination method (2 questions)
- How many solutions exist (1 question)
- Which method would be the most efficient? (1 question)
- Graphing inequalities (2 questions)
- Writing a system of inequalities from a graph (2 questions)
There is ample space for students to show their work.
A detailed answer key is provided with each assessment.
Please check out the PREVIEW to see what is included.
Leaving feedback will earn you credits for future TPT resources. Follow Me to receive discounts for the first 24 hours on new resources.
Please contact me if you have any questions. The Clever Clover
Connect with me on social media!
The Clever Clover - Pinterest
The Clever Clover - Instagram
The Clever Clover - Facebook