Systems of Equations: The Ice Cream Parlor
is a mini-project that applies systems of equations to the workings of an ice cream parlor. In this student-tested and approved project, students warm-up by graphing linear equations. Students then select prices for their ice cream parlor offerings and based on those prices, students solve systems of linear equations by graphing. Students calculate average daily sales and unit sales.
This is a great mini-project for students studying systems of equations and systems of linear inequalities. Give it to the whole class or differentiate by providing the project to small groups or individuals. Outstanding for gifted students as well.
Included in this ready to use project:
- Teacher directions
- Student handouts
- Answer key
Also available as part of Systems of Equations: Teacher Resource Bundle of Notes Practice, and Projects
Systems of Equations resources include:
- Systems of Equations: Inquiry Activity
- Solve Systems of Equations: Interactive Notebook Foldable 8.EE.C.8.b., REI.C.6.
- Systems of Equations: Graphing notes and practice
- Solve Systems of Equations: Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.C.8b.)
- Solve Systems of Equations Word Problems: Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.C.8c.)
- Solve Systems of Equations: 3 Variables Practice/Review (8.EE.C.8.b., REI.C.6.)
- Solve Systems of Equations: Build a paper chain
- Systems of Equations: Math Detective Practice and Review
- Systems of Equations: Ice Cream Parlor Project
- Linear Equations and Systems of Equations: Cost of College Mini-Project
A great addition to your Algebra and Algebra 2 study.
I love that when I use these students are then able to work with systems of equations with ease.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.