Students LOVE this PowerPoint ( compatible with Google Slides) activity because it is a fun way for them to practice the following skills:
• Determine whether or not a point is a solution to a given system of equations (4 questions)
• Solve a system of equations using a specified method (6 questions - 2 per method)
• Students use the method of their choice to solve a system (6 questions)
• Identify whether a graphed system of equations has zero, one, or infinite solution(s) (3 questions)
• Set up and solve a system of equations word problem (1 question)
The activity starts with a mystery picture that has been completely covered by rectangles. To begin revealing the picture, learners must select a rectangle. Doing this will cause a question to pop up on the screen. Students work the problem out on their activity sheets, and then we check their work as a class by clicking on the “answer” button. Next, we return to the home screen to see the piece of the picture that has been revealed! Finally, we choose another rectangle and play on!
This activity contains 20 questions, step-by-step directions, a 2-page student activity sheet, and an answer key (as part of the PowerPoint presentation)!
Please see the preview to determine if the questions used in this activity are at the appropriate rigor level for your students!
You May Also Like:
Interested in seeing how a digital mystery picture works? Check out this freebie: