Solve Systems of Equations Word Problems: Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.C.8c.)
is a great way to practice, review and assess students' understanding of how to use systems of equations to solve word problems (CCSS.8.EE.C.8c.). One set of cards has word problems. The other set has solutions to match. Students match the word problems to the solutions through scavenger hunts, games, and more. Answer key, interactive notebook-sized cards and large cards, and suggested uses included. My students LOVE these.
NOTE: This product was revised 1/27/16
Also available as part of Systems of Equations: Teacher Resource Bundle of Notes Practice, and Projects
Multiple ways to use:
- Set up at a math-center with other systems of equations activities
- Host a word problem scavenger hunt
- Play a whole class game of matching word problems
- Play the classic game of concentration using the cards to make matches
Included in this ready to use set of cards:
- Teacher directions for multiple ways to use
- 12 problem cards and 12 matching solution cards
- Set of interactive notebook problem and matching cards
- A student answer sheet
- A complete answer key
Systems of Equations resources include:
- Systems of Equations: Inquiry Activity
- Solve Systems of Equations: Interactive Notebook Foldable 8.EE.C.8.b., REI.C.6.
- Systems of Equations: Graphing notes and practice
- Solve Systems of Equations: Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.C.8b.)
- Solve Systems of Equations Word Problems: Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.C.8c.)
- Solve Systems of Equations: 3 Variables Practice/Review (8.EE.C.8.b., REI.C.6.)
- Solve Systems of Equations: Build a paper chain
- Systems of Equations: Math Detective Practice and Review
- Systems of Equations: Ice Cream Parlor Project
- Linear Equations and Systems of Equations: Cost of College Mini-Project
A great addition to your Algebra and Algebra 2 study.
I love that when I use these students are then able to work with systems of equations with ease.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.