This is a summative assessment that I used in an honors precalculus course. It could easily be adapted for use in an algebra 2 or non-honors precalculus course. The two-page exam covers the following learning targets.
· Systems of Linear Equations; Substitution and Elimination
1. Classify and solve systems of linear equations in 2 variables.
2. Solve application problems using a system of 2 linear equations in 2 variables.
3. Solve a system of 3 linear equations in 3 variables.
4. Solve application problems using a system of 3 linear equations in 3 variables.
· Systems of Nonlinear Equations
I CAN solve and graph a nonlinear system of equations.
· Systems of Inequalities
I CAN graph the solution to a system of inequalities, including both linear and nonlinear inequalities.
· Linear Programming
I CAN write and solve a system of inequalities and use it to solve a linear programming application problem.