Also included in
- Get a complete, ready-to-print curriculum covering topics from the Algebra 1 TEKS.This curriculum bundle contains guided notes handouts, practice worksheets, exit tickets, warm-ups, reviews, mid-unit assessments, tests, and concept organizers - all aligned to the Texas Algebra 1 state standards (TEK$220.00$320.00Save $100.00
Get a complete, ready-to-print unit covering topics from the Algebra 1 TEKS including solving systems of linear equations by graphing, substitution, and elimination.
Students will build on their study of linear equations and functions by formulating and solving systems of linear equations consisting of 2 equations and 2 variables.
Students will formulate systems of linear equations from graphs, tables, and applied situations then solve the systems using multiple strategies. Solving by graphing, substitution, and elimination are emphasized in this unit.
These no-prep resources include 5 lessons with guided notes, an exit ticket, a next-day warm-up, and 2 extra practice assignments per lesson. The unit also includes mid-unit and end-of-unit reviews, mid-unit and end-of-unit editable assessments, and concept organizers. Increase student engagement with 5 TEKS-aligned activities!
TEACHERS LOVE the worked-out keys included with the lessons notes. Feel confident delivering instruction on these sometimes tricky topics! It is a major time-saver if you don’t have quite enough time to create your own guided notes key for the day.
STUDENTS LOVE the reduced note-taking burden with the guided notes handouts. Fill-in-the-blank vocabulary improves the accuracy of students’ notes and frees up more time for showing mathematical steps.
TEACHERS LOVE the multiple versions of each practice worksheet, review, and assessment and they take full advantage of the EDITABLE versions of the mid-unit assessment form and unit test.
STUDENTS LOVE the complementary concept organizers that help them organize concepts and procedures.
TEACHERS LOVE the pre-made exit tickets and next-day warm-ups that support skills from every lesson in the unit. Print 4-per-page or project on the board and record answers on scratch paper!
STUDENTS LOVE the variety of fun and engaging activities!
Most resources are in non-editable PDF format.
- Editable versions of the mid-unit assessment and test are also included in .docx format for MS Word.
- 5 digital activities compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom™ are included.
- Printable versions of the digital activities are included in PDF format.
UNIT 6 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING LESSONS:
- graph systems consisting of two linear equations with two variables and interpret the graphs to determine the solutions
- determine solutions to systems of linear equations from tables and verify their work by graphing
- apply their knowledge of formulating linear equations from tables and graphs to formulate 2-variable systems of linear equations from graphs and tables
- use the algebraic method of substitution to solve systems consisting of two linear equations with two variables
- formulate systems of linear equations from applied situations and solve using substitution
- use the algebraic method of elimination (combination) to solve systems consisting of two linear equations with two variables
- formulate systems of linear equations from applied situations and solve using elimination
- formulate systems of linear equations consisting of two equations and two unknowns
- solve systems of equations using a method of their choice and interpret the meaning of the solution
- formulate systems of linear equations from applied situations and solve the systems in multiple ways, including graphing, substitution, and elimination (combination)
- estimate solutions from graphs of linear systems
EACH LESSON CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS:
- The Lesson Notes are designed for use as a note-taking guide combined with guided practice.
- Practice A and Practice B are suitable for use as in-class practice and homework. Two comparable forms are included for increased versatility.
- The Exit Ticket is designed for a quick concept check at the end of the class period.
- The Warm-Up is designed for next-day use to reinforce the previous day’s learning.
- One-page display versions of the exit ticket and warm-up are included. Display the PDF page on a screen for student viewing and have students record their responses on notebook paper or scratch paper to save on printing.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE IN UNIT 6 INCLUDE:
- 3 Concept Organizers offer complimentary alternatives for note-taking or post-lesson concept reinforcement.
- The Mid-Unit Review (Forms A and B) provides an opportunity for students to practice the concepts they learned in the first part of the unit.
- The Mid-Unit Assessment (Forms A and B) may be used as a test, quiz, or daily assignment to meet the specific needs of your students. Editable versions of Forms A and B are included as a .docx file for MS Word.
- The Unit Review (Forms A and B) helps students focus on the key concepts studied throughout the unit.
- The Unit Test (Forms A, B, and C) comes in two comparable multiple-choice forms (A and B) and one free-response form (C). The test key includes TEKS alignment for each question to facilitate easy data analysis. Editable versions of Forms A and B are included as a .docx file for MS Word.
5 DIGITAL ACTIVITIES FOR GOOGLE SLIDES™ ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE
Printable versions of each activity are also included in PDF form.
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Graphing Activity for Google Slides™
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Substitution Activity for Google Slides™
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Elimination Activity for Google Slides™
- Formulating Systems of Linear Equations Activity for Google Slides™
- Systems of Linear Equations Applications Activity for Google Slides™
Please view the previews in the bundle section for more detail.
This unit and activity bundle is perfect for providing a complete TEKS-aligned unit or for supplementing existing resources. Use every resource or pick-and-choose from the many options to meet the needs of your students!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I loved using this resource! The fill-in-the-blanks style notes for the students are great, especially if you have a substitute teaching your class, as I did. The practice sheets are thorough and well organized (just like the notes), and being able to show the answers quickly is a big help. It even comes with exit cards! Can't really ask for better.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These materials save me a ton of time. The digital activities are great for the online learners, and they are easy to adapt when not using a computer in the classroom. I am thankful for these units.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I absolutely love Math Beach Solutions. It is more rigorous than the state standardized test so gives students all the skills they need to be successful on both the EOC and in future high school math classes. Allison is extremely helpful and her work is beautiful and well organized!”
Supports Algebra 1 Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
Standards: A.2I, A.3F, A.3G, A.5C
A note from Allison at Math Beach Solutions about standards alignment: This resource was designed from the ground up to provide ready-made resources for Texas teachers to implement to facilitate their students’ mastery of the Algebra 1 TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills TAC §111.39). A considerable effort has been made to ensure the TEKS are addressed thoroughly, but these resources will reflect my understanding of the TEKS. As always, continue to use your professional judgment and experience when lesson planning.
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Purchase the Texas Algebra 1 Curriculum to get all 11 units and activities. The curriculum lasts the entire year. It also includes an editable mid-term and editable final exam!
You may also like...
Looking for a long-term homework solution? Check out Algebra 1 Skill Spirals Review Workbook for a year-long solution for homework, warm-ups, or tutorial session resources. It supports the Texas Algebra 1 TEKS, too!
Having difficulty with a file?
Copyright © Math Beach Solutions LLC.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.