FLASH FICTION SHORT STORY
*Use for vocabulary development
*Use with struggling teenage readers
(Free audio/text version available on Youtube.com)
* Handout story and word list at the start of the week.
Use reinforcement activities as classwork or homework throughout the week. Assess vocabulary knowledge at the end of the week. Retest as needed.
* 994 word short story that can be read in four to seven minutes
* Vocabulary handout of twenty-four words with definitions and pronunciations
* Four critical reading questions
* Fill-in reinforcement / homework activity
* Standardized form for writing context sentences
* Crossword puzzle for reinforcement or homework
* Two matching quizzes
* Two multiple-choice tests
* Answer keys for questions, reinforcement activities and assessments