The goal of this bundle is to guide students to understand that multiplication and division are opposite operations. The strategy of knowing the relationship between multiplication and division will move them towards fluency in multiplication and division.
This bundle contains 5 of my multiplication/division products including 4 sets of task cards and a related printable that can be used to document mastery of the skills.
These are so quick and easy to put together and make a high-quality, purposeful center. They were created in color, but look great when printed in greyscale to save ink.
Each of the 4 Task Card packets includes:
-15 task cards (I found this to be the perfect number when piloting them in my own 3rd grade classroom)
-a recording sheet for students to turn in
-an answer guide for easy correcting
Each of these task cards sets is also available individually, but when purchased together the cost is only $1.75 a set. Included are:
1) 3.OA.7 FACT FAMILY CARDS SET 1: Students are provided with a multiplication or division equation and are asked to record an equation using the opposite operation.
2) 3.OA.7 FACT FAMILY CARDS SET 2: Students are given 3 out of 4 equations from a X / ÷ fact family and are asked to record the missing equation.
3) OA.7 FACT FAMILY CARDS SET 3: Students are shown 3 numbers (i.e. 6, 9, 54 or 3, 24, 8) and are asked to write the 4 equations related to that fact family.
4) 3.OA.7 FACT FAMILY CARDS SET 4: The students are provided with a multiplication and the related division equation and must identify the missing number that is represented by a symbol in each (i.e. 5 x ? = 30 and 30 ÷ 5 = ?)
5) A printable and a corresponding answer sheet for easy grading that can be used as a pre and/or post assessment, practice page, morning work or homework assignment. It includes questions that are just like the ones used in the 4 task card sets. I use it to document mastery.
This set is ideal for grades 2-3 as well as 4th grade review and for advanced 1st graders.
Please visit my daily blog: www.CFClassroom.com for daily tips and photos on organizing and managing a classroom.