This workbook provides practical ways to develop fundamental literacy skills, mainly alphabet knowledge, phonological (sound and letter) awareness, and print awareness.
The program covers a range of phonic skills; essential sight words and simple comprehension skills. The activities are simple, easy to follow and repetitive. The written text is accompanied by pictures to make reading meaningful.
The workbook is set out in 5 sections:
• The student names the picture, listens to the beginning sound, notes the first letter of the word and writes that letter in each box.
• Circle initial letter of the word and join the word with the matching
• Fill the missing beginning letters in the words under the pictures.
• Cross, circle or colour the box with the word matching the picture.
• Pick the correct word from the word bank and write it under the picture.