Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
10.78 MB | 38 pages
TED Talks are an excellent and engaging way to expose students to strong public speaking skills. This in-depth unit will explore TED Talks, teaching students how to become a better public speaker. The unit culminates in students delivering their own TED Talks! You will be amazed at your students' abilities to capture an audience!
The unit includes:
1. TED Talk Assignment Sheet: A detailed explanation of the final speech.
2. Rubric: A comprehensive rubric to help you grade your student. Clearly outlines the expectations for each speech.
3. Two Detailed Articles: Students will read about how to give a TED talk from experts. Each article comes with thoughtful critical thinking questions that will inspire students and create discussion.
4. Mannerism Activity: Students will observe TED speaker mannerisms in this engaging activity.
5. TED Talk 101: An informative sheet explaining the origin of TED Talks while also offering my hand-selected sample TED Talks. These sample talks have proven to be my own students' classroom favorites.
6. Brainstorming Sheet: A comprehensive brainstorming sheet to help students narrow down a topic for their own TED Talk.
7. 3 Effective Instructional Power Points:
1. How to Overcome Stage Fright
2. Elements of Effective Visual Aids
3. Breaking Down a TED Talk
8. TED Talk Rehearsal Sheet: To encourage practice and rehearsal before students deliver their final TED Talk.