Texas Essential Skills & Knowledge (TEKS) Aligned Special Education Interactive Lesson Plan Templates for Grade 1
***PLEASE READ NOTES AT BOTTOM OF THIS DESCRIPTION***
TEXAS FIRST GRADE SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS:
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE TIME COMPLETING YOUR LESSON PLANS EACH WEEK?
DO YOU WANT A LESSON PLAN FORM THAT CONTAINS ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO COMPLETE DETAILED AND THOROUGH LESSON PLANS?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then these lesson plan templates ARE FOR YOU!
This set of Special Education lesson plan templates are unique in that they are: (1) aligned with the TEXAS ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (TEKS) in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics; and (2) fully interactive with drop down menus, check and plain text content control typing fields for easily selecting/inserting relevant information related to planning lesson for special needs students. These lesson plan templates were designed to SAVE YOU TIME in preparing weekly lesson plans for your students. THE READING AND MATHEMATICS SUBJECT AREA TEMPLATE CONSIST OF 4 PAGES, WHILE THE WRITING TEMPLATE CONSISTS OF 3 PAGES AND CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
1. Identifying Information – with plain text content control typing fields for inserting the teacher’s name, the specific group/students for whom the lesson will be conducted, and the dates the lesson will be implemented;
2. Instructional Setting – with a check-box to indicate whether the special education services for the lesson will be delivered in a self-contained class, a resource room or the general education setting;
3. TEKS Standards – with drop down menus for selecting the standards focus for
4. IEP Goal/Objectives – with a plain text content control typing field for inserting the specific goal/objectives addressed during the lesson;
5. Specially Designed Instruction – with drop down menus for selecting up to four specially designed instructional techniques required for the goal/objectives (specific to each subject area);
6. General and Subject Specific Accommodations/Modifications/Supplemental Aides and Services – with drop down menus for selecting up to three general and subject-specific accommodations, modifications, and supplemental aides and services;
7. Materials – with a plain text content control field for quickly typing in a list of instructional materials needed for the lesson;
8. Procedures – divided into Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 and Day 5 - with a plain text content control field for inserting the specific procedures to be followed during the lesson for each day;
9. Assessment – Now includes a section for five days of formative assessment with drop down menus for quickly selecting the formative assessment planned for the day; a section with a drop down menu for selecting and inserting the specific summative assessment method(s) which will be used to assess learning of the standard/objective and a section with another drop down menu for selecting the specific assessment modifications to be implemented for the assessment(s) chosen, as well as a section for inserting scoring criteria for four levels of performance to be used with assessments requiring a rubric;
10. Notes – with a plain text content control field for quickly inserting important reminders before the lesson and/or reflections regarding the outcome of the lesson or notes for follow-up after the lesson has been conducted.
This lesson plan set contains templates for grade 1 in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics. Each subject area template consists of 4 pages, with the exception of writing, which consists of 3 pages. The subject areas of speaking and listening and language are NOT included in this set of templates. If you need these additional subject areas, please contact me in the questions section and I will be happy to customize a set of templates for you containing these additional subject areas.
NOTE: The Word documents were created using Microsoft Word 2010. The interactive features in the Word documents are only accessible on a PC computer with Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed. The interactive features in the Word document will not work on a Mac computer or a PC with Microsoft Word 2003.
NOTE: There is a character limitation in the drop down menus in the Word documents. No more than 256 characters can be entered into the drop down list or displayed in the document. Therefore, for those standards containing more than 256 characters, the majority of the standard will be displayed, but all characters beyond the 256 limit will be cut off when inserted into the document, especially those with lengthy examples in the standard.
NOTE: These templates were specifically designed for Texas teachers and include the TEKS standards in the standards drop down menu – Common Core State Standards are not included in this set of templates.
This is THE LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE for Texas Special Education Teachers who are responsible for instruction for first graders in the areas of reading, writing and mathematics. You can view a preview of the templates by clicking on “Download Preview” on the product page.
If you have any questions regarding these lesson plan templates, please contact me and ...happy (speedy) planning!.