The attached 1 page Word document includes 3 short answer questions. There is space at the top for student name and the date. There is also a short introduction to the writing / thinking tasks. These questions require critical thinking. They also require students to exercise their inferencing abilities and explore different points of view / multiple perspectives. Each question / section has two parts.
This handout could be used as a "ticket in" / "ticket out" comprehension activity and/or as homework.
Since it is in Word Doc format, you can easily edit any aspect of this product should you wish to (e.g. removing / adding more questions, changing the margin size, changing the font size). It can also be modified to suit the various needs (e.g. IEP modifications, accommodations, etc.) of your students.
Other SHORT STORY comprehension handouts available:
* THE NECKLACE BY GUY DE MAUPASSANT COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* THE NECKLACE PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT, MEDIA PROJECT, GRADE 6 7 8
* THE TELL TALE HEART BY EDGAR ALLAN POE COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* JUST LATHER, THAT'S ALL BY HERNANDO TELLEZ COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* THE MONKEY PAW BY WW JACOBS COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
Thank You Ma'am
Thank You Ma'am Questions
Thank You Ma'am Activities
Thank You Ma'am Worksheets
Thank You Ma'am Lessons
Thank You Ma'am Handouts
Thank You Ma'am Assessments
Thank You Ma'am Discussion
Thank You Ma'am Inferencing
Thank You Ma'am Reading Comprehension
Thank You Ma'am Close Reading
Point of View
Middle School Reading
Middle School Writing