Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
9.86 MB | 48 pages
THANKSGIVING Math Mystery "Case of the Gobbler's Curse" is a fun way to engage your students with this math detective story. People have all started to lose the power of speech and cannot stop making "gobble, gobble" noises! Students must solve the worksheets to get clues as to which potion will return the power of speech in Mathhattan. Instructions and answer keys are all provided. So reward make your day a little easier and try one of our math mysteries, your students will love them!
To differentiate, mix and match the clue sheets across grades to level the playing field within your classroom. For example, you could swap Clue 1 from Grade 3 to Clue 1 from Grade 4 to make that clue more challenging for some students. The clue and mystery results are the same, but the math questions to discover each clue are different.
THANKSGIVING - GRADE 4 SKILLS ADDRESSED
- Dividing 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers (interpret remainders)
- Adding Fractions with Like Denominators (Answers must be written as a mixed fraction if possible)
- Multiplying 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers.
- Elapsed Time in minutes
- Reducing Fractions
THANKSGIVING - GRADE 5 SKILLS ADDRESSED
- Dividing 2-digit and 3-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers (interpret remainders)
- Volume (by counting unit cubes and measuring as 'cubic units')
- Multiplying 2-digit numbers by 2-digit numbers.
- Convert decimals from expanded form to standard form using fractions (up to thousandths)
- Adding Fractions with Unlike Denominators (Simplifying Answers Required)
THANKSGIVING - GRADE 6 SKILLS ADDRESSED
- Reducing Ratios
- Volume of Rectangular Prisms - Whole Numbers Only (Customary and Metric unit versions of this clue available to choose from within the file)
- Multiplying with Decimals
- Dividing Whole Numbers (2-digit Divisors, no remainders)
- Multiplying Fractions (Simplifying Answers Required)
This Thanksgiving Math Mystery - "Case of the Gobbler's Curse" is a Multi-grade differentiated bundle for GRADES 4+5+6!
Designed for a mixed grade or different levels of ability, these worksheets will keep the students engaged. All the clues are the same just with different arithmetic and difficulties.
Add fun to your thanksgiving and try out one of our Math Mysteries.