Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
30.63 MB | 9 Pages and 13 Slides pages
THANKSGIVING READING, VOCABULARY AND MUCH MORE
9 PRINTABLES with ANSWER KEYS
1. Thanksgiving Reading: This is a 2 page history on Thanksgiving.
2. Vocabulary Exercises (3 pages): Matching, Fill in the Blanks and Correct the Sentences. These vocabulary exercises include words like celebrate, immigrant, hunt, harvest, Pilgrims, Native Americans, feast, freedom, cranberry etc.
3. Sequence Strip Story: Students will cut apart the strips, put them in order and then paste them on a separate piece of paper. This may be challenging for some students. At first I let my students struggle for a few minutes and then I tell them that they can use the reading to help them. It is also beneficial to have them work together in pairs for this activity. The more advanced students can help the ones that need more help.
4. WH Question Words: Making Information Question
Students will make information questions using the WH Question Words (who, what, when, why, how, how many etc.) Students will first read the answer to the question. The underlined word in the sentence will indicated which WH question word the students will need to use to write the correct question.
The Pilgrims lived in England.
Students need to write the question “Who lived in England?”
5. Thanksgiving Fact or Opinion: Students will read the 12 statements about Thanksgiving. Then, they will write F if the statement if a fact. They will write O if the statement is an opinion.
6. Alphabetize and Find Word Search: Students will alphabetize the list of vocabulary words on the left. Then, they will find them in the puzzle.
THANKSGIVING SMART BOARD SEQUENCING STORY AND WORKSHEET
1. Smart Board Lesson (13 Slides)
Students will have fun with this interactive sequencing unit. They will move the sentences on the Smart Board to put them in the correct order. There are 14 sentences about the first Thanksgiving. There are 8 slides with pictures to help the students understand the story better. They could then retell the story in their own words by only looking at the pictures on the slides.
2. Follow Up worksheet with Teacher Notes included.
Students will cut apart the strips and put them in order. Then, they will paste them on a separate piece of paper. (These are the exact same sentences that are on the Smart Board Lesson.)