PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
THANKSGIVING SCRATTLE: Literacy Center, Math Center, Critical Thinking Activity, November Fun
SCRATTLE is a differentiated, math and literacy, learning center activity that combines word work with computation; individual effort with competition. As in Scrabble™, students use a set of letters to create words. After recording their words, they calculate each word’s score using the letter values. Then they engage a friend in a battle wherein they compare their scores using >, <, and =. The student with the most >s wins the battle! (SCRAbble + baTTLE = SCRATTLE!)
• Pilgrim hat letters with letter values
••• 19 color Pilgrim hat letters
••• print in grayscale to save on ink
• 3 recording sheet masters for differentiation
••• mixed operations
• 1 direction placard
Since this activity is open-ended, no answer key is possible.
HOW TO USE THIS PRODUCT
• SCRATTLE is an ideal learning center anytime in the month of November. It qualifies for both math and literacy instruction.
• Fast Finishers love this challenge and will thrive on the competition.
• Use this product as a whole class activity. It will help to settle some of the holiday excitement.
• Because it is differentiated, SCRATTLE makes enrichment within your classroom a snap.
If your students enjoy SCRATTLE as much as mine do, you'll want to get the other editions here. They are all FREE!
► Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.
❯❯ Click here to follow my store. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
► Get TPT credit to use on future purchases.
❯❯ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Your feedback is important to me. Thank you in advance.
CONNECT WITH ME