PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Thanksgiving math for preschool, pre-K and Kindergarten.
This is a collection of hands-on counting centers, large and small group activities, and teaching props to present a comprehensive foundational coverage for the Common Core math standard of Counting and Cardinality for early learners. The activities in this packet are all related to Thanksgiving. The activities are geared towards later preschool, pre-K, early Kindergarten, and would work well for early intervention tasks.
It is IMPORTANT to download the PREVIEW to get an idea of what this packet includes.
• Set of wall posters 0-10
• Math mats - centers or cut and paste (2)
• Large cutout manipulatives: number sets 0-10 Pumpkin pies, and Turkeys (sequencing, recognition, fill in missing number)
• Printables – Color the amount of things in each set
• Printables – How Many? Count the items and write the number
• Matching sets to numerals (center) – Pilgrim girls and sets of pies
• !0-frames pie cards
• Printable - Joining items one to one – Native People and corn
• Matching sets to sets (with same number of items in them)
• Teacher cards to create sets, make line patterns and promote critical thinking
• Printables – connect the dots number sequencing and color by number
• Clip it (or stamp it) cards to 10
• Printables – 0-10 – counting, drawing and beginning to write numbers (full page for each number)
• Booklet – My Thanksgiving Numbers – draw a set, or cut and paste a set, on each page corresponding to the number. A small picture clue is given.
Posters and centers are in color; printables are in b/w
KidSparkz Teacher Resources