These RHYME TIME TURKEYS are perfect for kindergarten and first grade! Choose from 20 templates of WORD FAMILIES to create an AMAZING Thanksgiving Bulletin Board for the month of November! Work on rhyming and encoding skills at the same time!
Directions for Creating RHYME TIME TURKEYS...
1. Select which body style you prefer to use. If using one of the clipart patterns, copy onto cardstock. If you choose to use the kids as turkeys, take their pictures and print out!
2. Select which word family feathers you would like to use and copy onto white cardstock. (I am doing all the families with the short /a/ since that is the only vowel pattern I have introduced in kindergarten. First grade teachers could use all 20 templates giving each student a different family!)
3. Have children use dot art or watercolors to paint feathers page. (I use dot art – dries quickly and less mess!)
4. After the feathers dry, have students complete the word family portion by adding a letter or two before the family. (I let them use pencil first. Once I check it, I give them a black sharpie to trace over their writing and the dotted word family font.)
5. Students cut out feathers and assemble behind turkey body. Glue onto construction paper or mount onto last page in file. Laminate if you wish, and display for the perfect THANKSGIVING DAY BULLETIN BOARD for the month of November!
Clipart by Lanier's Lions.
If you love this bulletin board, check out my BULLETIN BOARD MEGA BUNDLE
that includes 10 complete bulletin board sets to use throughout the entire year! Buy it now for an AMAZING low price!
This activity is aligned with the Common Core Standards.
Thank you so much for looking. Please be sure to check out my other activities under the THANKSGIVING category in my store!