Receptive, Expressive Language, and Articulation Packet (RELAP): THANKSGIVING set
The contents of this preschool language packet include:
TWO- booklets with pictures of Thanksgiving themed/novel items
- 17 Page Booklet with pictures of 15 different Thanksgiving related items. The Second Booklet is a self made, sweet story of “How my family celebrates Thanksgiving.”
Research has proven that Young children with low level vocabulary and those with Apraxia demonstrate improved skills with simple repetition tasks. (Similar to books such as Brown Bear, Brown Bear (by Bill Martin, Jr. and Eric Carle). It will allow them to remember targeted vocabulary and practice 1-3 syllable words after a repetitive sentence starter. What do you see/ I see a _____).
- 2 easy Thanksgiving Articulation Craftivities (6 page Build a Turkey & 8 page Sweet as Pie)
- WH-Questions with picture choices (16 types of questions): Black and white with visual choices.
-Foldable Thanksgiving Coloring Book with Adjectives
- Cariboo picture cards (Black and White & Color): To be used with the famous game or however you choose to use the cards).
- Thanksgiving Lotto (5 different pages for 1:1 or small group): Great Black and White Printable for reinforcement of all the items used in the book for any area of speech/ language. Your students will just color and play as instructed in BINGO. Just print an additional page if you would like to cut out calling cards. This is great for noticing if your little ones can identify and/or describe Thanksgiving vocabulary.
- Following directions sheets (One and Multi-Step): The pictures used from the first booklet are to be used to help with following the directions. You can monitor your student’s progress with following directions by putting +/- for at least 4 sessions.
- Subjective Pronoun Strips: Stretch the use of the Cariboo picture cards by using them to complete the sentences.
- Thanksgiving Food Category Sort (1 page): Cut and paste the items in the correct categories: Meat, Fruit, and Vegetables.
-Thanksgiving Compare and Contrast (4 sets) with Venn Diagrams for those who need to see you write your responses.
- Thanksgiving Labeling/ Identification Progress Monitoring Chart: Typical goals for most of my preschoolers working on vocabulary in themes revolve around them being able to identify and describe a certain amount of things over a course of time (4 out of 5 trials/ 3 out of 5 trials). This is a quick, streamlined way for me to keep data of what they actually know. I sometimes lay each color picture out on the table and either ask them to identify what has been spoken or label the items. You can use the WH picture cards or related prompts to gather information as well.
Thanks for stopping by my store!
Marissa Moody- (The 'Peech Teacher)