Aesop’s fable, The Ant and the Grasshopper
, is such a great story for emergent readers! The 12 centers
in this Ant and the Grasshopper Unit provide printable activities that are focused around Reading, Oral Language, and Writing
, as well as a Math
activity. The Reader’s Theater
script is between the two Ant and Grasshopper characters. This format lends itself well to partner reading. There is a mix of one-time project center activities, as well as centers that can be repeated daily over the course of the unit. The organization of this fable unit provides multiple center opportunities to engage students through activities designed to reinforce and extend their understanding of The Ant and the Grasshopper Fable.
Check the preview to download a free companion activity to this product for you to print and use right now!
The Centers in The Ant and the Grasshopper Fable Unit are:
• Emergent Reader with the focus word “to” (b/w)
• Reader’s Theater Paper Bag Book (color & b/w)
• Fluency Reading of phrases with follow-up writing activity (b/w)
• Fluency Reading of sentences (color & b/w)
• Scrambled Sentences Sort and recording sheet (color & b/w)
• Compare and Contrast the characters (b/w)
• Story Sequence writing activity (color & b/w)
• Retelling Story sticks (color & b/w)
• Retelling Story chain (color & b/w)
• Concentration Game (color & b/w)
• Fable Headband (color & b/w)
• Fable Graphing Activity (color & b/w)
included to assist with instruction are:
• Fable Definition Poster (color & b/w)
• Pocket Chart Cards (color & b/w)
• Reader’s Theater script for your classroom library (color & b/w)
• Bonus Activity-b/w
• Teacher Directions for All Activities
Other Fable Units products you may want to add to your collection:
LION AND THE MOUSE FABLE UNIT FOR EMERGENT READERS
TORTOISE AND THE HARE FABLE UNIT FOR EMERGENT READERS
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can consider that as I create more products.
Do you like this lesson, but are not ready to buy it just yet?
Just put it on your WISH LIST
or “Pin It” so you don’t lose this item! ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
With thanks-kinder tweets