THE BRAIN + STRESS RESPONSE: Social Emotional Learning Stress Management Lesson
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Save tons of planning time and get your students excited about social emotional learning with WholeHearted's Storewide Growing Bundle! Grab over 140 effective and fun counseling and SEL activities and lessons at 50% off. And help your students to build healthy social emotional skills, such as selfPrice $279.00Original Price $548.00Save $269.00
- The Calm Classroom Bundle provides a great foundation to create a trauma sensitive classroom integrated with social emotional learning. Focusing on prevention and emotion regulation, the calming activities in this bundle can help with classroom management. Works for small groups, individual counsePrice $31.25Original Price $55.25Save $24.00
- Custom bundle.Price $55.00Original Price $101.50Save $46.50
Teach your students about the brain and stress response with this engaging social emotional learning lesson. Help children better understand the roles that their Thoughtful Turtle Brain (prefrontal cortex) and Protective Porcupine Brain (amygdala) play when we experience stress and big emotions. Empower them with calming tools that help with emotion regulation, which will also help you to reinforce compassionate, trauma sensitive classroom management.
✏️ Common Stressors
✏️ The Fight-Flight-Freeze Response
✏️ Emotion Regulation Coping Tools.
- 11 minute Animated Video (with music in the background), Google Slides™ Presentation, or Printable Book Lesson
- 4 Reference Guide Posters
- Sorting Cards (printable and digital)
- Calming Tool Check-In Slider (great for your Calm Corner and Classroom Management. Can be used individually by students at their desks, too.)
- Digital Activities, including Digital Spinner with 30 questions/prompts to reinforce main ideas of the lesson
What Other Counseling, Wellness, or Social Emotional Learning Resources Do You Recommend to Help My Students or Children Regulate Their Emotions?
- The Calm Kids Activity Book, which offers over 100 school-friendly calming interventions, based on the 15 of the 16 emotion regulation coping tools suggested Your Brain and The Stress Response
- 50 Coping Tools for Kids!
- The Calm Classroom Bundle for Classroom Management
- Coping Skills Lesson for School: Classroom Management & Group Counseling Game
- Calm Down Corner: Classroom Management Social Emotional Learning Coping Tools
What ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors Standards Does Your Brain and The Stress Response Lesson Cover?
- M 1. Belief in development of whole self, including a healthy balance of mental, social/emotional and physical well-being
- B-SMS 7. Effective coping skills
- B-SMS 1. Responsibility for self and actions
Learn about sales, freebies & new resources (that are always 50% off the first 48 hours!):
- Follow WholeHearted School Counseling™ on TPT
- Join our Newsletter
- Follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Earn TPT credit to Use on Future Purchases:
- Visit your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button for any Paid Resources.
- Leave a short comment and rating.
Need Help With Your Files?
- Visit the FAQs section
- Contact TpT Tech Support and submit a help ticket
- Ask WholeHearted School Counseling™ a question via the Q& A tab