PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Anne Frank Google Earth is a high-engagement way to give an Introduction Tour of the geography of the story's world. The first time I busted out Google Earth on the projector to introduce a unit, all my learners were riveted. And they still are...every time.
* NOTE: If you've already purchased our other version of this for non-digital classrooms, you've likely already figured out how to use this in your 1:1 classroom, so there is no need to get this. If you don't have either version yet and you're working with digital 1:1 learners, then get this version. It has instructions that are more useful for your journey of getting started.
Save $$$ and buy the bundle. → → → Print Version → → → Digital-only Version (coming soon...) → → → Combo Version (coming soon...)
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE RESOURCE
♥ A great resource; it can take some time to get set up, depending on your experience with Google Earth. The video tutorials are really helpful, and the provided instructions and explanations are thorough which make the set up process relatively stress-free!
♥ Great resource for students to get a sense of where history was happening. Thanks!
♥ A nice idea. The kids really loved "walking" around.
♥ Awesome supplement to my lesson on WWII.
♥ Students loved the tour. It made it more real for them to imagine.
♥ Very useful, helped kids visualize the environment
♥ One of my best purchases! Students are consistently engaged with this resource. Thank you!
♥ Loved showing my students the real pictures while we read Diary of Anne Frank. Thanks!
Germany, Amsterdam, the ghettos, and concentration camps...they get to see it all in 3D zoomed in to the street view. It's rockin awesome!
This Google Earth tour has a whole bunch of important locations saved for you to visit before/while reading The Diary of Anne Frank with your students:
→ Hospital Zum Heiligengeist - Anne Frank's birthplace in Frankfurt am Main
→ Old Jewish Quarters - Where Anne Frank, family, and friends lived before going into hiding
→ Switzerland - To throw the Nazis off their trail when the family went into hiding, Mr. Otto Frank left behind a letter saying the family had fled here
→ Anne Frank House - The hideout where Anne Frank and family and friends hid from the Nazis
→ Westerkerk Church - The church down the street from their hideout that they heard every hour on the hour for years
→ Warsaw Ghetto - This is one of the largest Jewish ghettos
→ Bergen-Belsen Concentration Camp - This is the camp where Anne Frank, Margot, and Auguste were sent
→ Auschwitz Death Camp - This is the camp where Mr. Frank was sent via train
TEXT: THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK / THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL
LEVEL: 6th - 12th
COMMON CORE: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.9
These resources work with both the Anne Frank Goodrich and Hackett stage play, THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK, and the memoir THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL by Anne Frank.
Enjoy! And let's together believe there's still some good in this world.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOADING THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK TOUR:
NOTE: If you haven't used Google Earth before, you'll want to leave yourself enough time to download the program and acquaint yourself a little bit with it. But guaranteed...this interactivity is totally worth it!!!
(1) Make sure you have the ability to unzip a folder to view the content inside
(2) Make sure your computer has the program Google Earth. It is a powerful, free program available through www.Google.com.
(3) Open Google Earth
(4) Click "File > Open"
(5) Locate your "ANNEFRANKGoogleEarthTour.kmz" file on your computer.
(6) In Google Earth under the heading "Temporary Places," you should now see a list of locations.
(7) You can then save the tour into your Google Earth for easy future use.
(8) And if you click on any of the location links, the map will zoom in straight to that location.
(9) Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
* We've filmed a YouTube video tutorial to acquaint you with the software.
* Also, try downloading this free Google Earth tutorial .pdf handout for further reference.
What is Created for Digital?
··· Our Created for Digital resources take all the trusted, quality instructional tools you know and love and convert them into the digital format you need for your online learners.
Why go Digital?
··· Paperless. No printing.
··· Instant saving ... students work in the file.
··· Technology Proficiency
··· Works on Chromebooks, Android Tablets, and other devices
··· Engaged students
··· Easy group work
··· Paper trail of revisions for teacher to see
··· Teacher Tutorial - access link and how to use this with your learners
··· Microsoft OneDrive user instructions - a step-by-step visual tutorial. This will only take minutes!
··· All slides can be used over and over again.
OTHER ANNE FRANK COURAGE
→ Digital 1:1 Complete Unit (coming soon)
→ Digital-Print Combo Unit (coming soon)
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!